BML:Scotland's Authority on the SER Scheme

Domestic Extensions

Now is a great time to consider adding value to your property. By extending your home, converting unused attic space or altering the layout of your property you could continue to grow value in your investment.

  • Office redevelopment
  • Demolition
  • Pool & Spa Decks
  • Railed Decks
  • Structural Inspections 
  • Domestic
  • Commercial
  • Industrial 
  • Extension 

Building Warrants

If you intend to alter (internally or externally), extend, erect, demolish or change the use of a building, then you will, with limited exceptions, require a building warrant.

In order to allow the local authority to process your application without delay you will need to submit a Structural design certificate together with engineers details.

Details of the Structural Engineers Registration scheme (SER) can be obtained by visiting

Building Warrants & SER Design Certificates

If you have architectural drawings and are ready to submit your application and now require a Structural Engineers Design Cerificate then you can send your drawings (.dwg or .pdf) to as this will allow us to review your requirements.

Send an email to including details of your requirements or call on +44 (0)141 620 0085

Independent Third Party Checks

We deliver independent 3rd Party checks on Civil and Structural Submissions including deep basement and multi storey buildings. Preweakening and demolition review throughout the UK.